In our day to day modern lifestyle we do some works daily without any change and we call it as Routine. Some of the routine works we do are Bathing, Eating, etc. But as per Ayurveda it is said that there are some works we need to add as a Routine. The work we do daily are called Day to Day Routine and in Sanskrit it is said as “Din Charya”. After a long time some of the routine were missing according to Din Charya and we are missing them but their importance in our daily life have not reduced. Under that Din Charya the routine we missed is Foot Massage which is also called “Pada Abhyangam” in Sanskrit according to Ayurveda.
Ayurvedic Foot Massage
The foot carries the whole weight of the body but it do not make pain. But if we walk long our foots will have a pain. So, taking a Foot Massage is the best remedy. A foot massage is done when a whole body massage is done and the foot massage will gives you a better relaxation and gives you a good feel. Even in yoga asana it is said that if we press the foot with a gentle it gives some inner feeling. Because the whole body is interconnected through veins .
When we do a foot massage the veins which are connected to body parts are activated which means if we rub the middle part of the foot our stomach problems will be resolved. The digestion is done properly without any interruption. It also cures the dandruff and hair fall in the head. How is this possible? As already said the whole body is interconnected that is how all the inner process are done
There are many types and techniques in Foot massage but we can use the simple ways to add to our routine. Basically massage are done using Oil such as sesame oil, mustard oil, olive oil, coconut oil. But using of ghee is good for daily use.
Basic Things Needed For Ayurvedic Foot Massage
- Oil or Cow ghee
- Warm water in tub
How To Do:
- Pour some drops of ghee or oil on your feet and rub it.
- Use a smooth bowl and rub it on your feet.
- In Sanskrit it is said that Brass is best for foot massage.
- Now using the brass or metallic bowl rub for 2 to 10 minutes on both your feet
- Prepare some warm water to wash after finishing the massage.
- Do this foot massage at night before sleeping.
Benefits Of Ayurvedic Foot Massage
- Doing this before night gives you a good sleep. Because at the night time we will be free after completing all our routine work and that we will go for sleep. Only while sleeping we gives a fully relaxation to our whole body . So, doing this at night gives your body a new level of relaxation
- Relieves Stress and tension. Absolutely Foot massage is stress buster by which all our stress and tension will be off.
- Improves digestion.
- Improves eyesight.
- Hair follicles are nourished.
- Improves Blood circulation
- Heals the cracked feet.
- Reduces hair fall.
Unknown Facts About Foot
It is said that each and every part of the foot is connected with each of every organs of the body. The foot reflexes the human body part. So, there is a “Foot Reflexology chart”
- Big toe – The big toe is connected with Head and neck parts
- Second & Third toe -These toes are connected with our two eyes.
- Fourth & Fifth toe – These toes are connected with our two ears.
- Below the second & third fingers lungs is connected.
- To the left of it Heart is connected.
- To the right of lungs shoulders are connected.
- The middle side of the foot is connected with Stomach and Liver that is why it helps in digestion. And the Kidneys are also connected.
- The lower foot is connected with Intestines, Abdominal Area, Bladder.
- The last lower foot is connected with the Pelvic Area.
- Do not overuse the oil or ghee. Because if you overuse your hands will be too slippery and you can’t give an effective massage.
- Be careful not to give too much pressure because it may cause pain and gives you discomfort. Over pressure to the foot can spoil the mood.
- If you are doing the foot massage to a pregnant or a person suffering from blood pressure and diabetics don’t give more stress or pressure to them because it may cause them pain
The above mentioned are some of the benefits of foot massage. There are various types of techniques and therapy by using different types of oils. If you consult an Ayurvedic Specialist they will they will give you a clear look about different types of techniques and their benefits.